Be the camper | This is a structured camper style cap with a firm front panel.
- Firm front panel
- Low fitting
- Pro stitch on crown
- Made in the USA
- 4 metal eyelets
- 8 rows of stitching on visor
- Matching fabric undervisor
- Matching color sweatband
- Adjustable release plastic buckle with nylon strap closure
The Casino | 172 S. Washington Street, Washington
The Casino was a venue occupying the space of the former People's Theater, which had been in operation from 1890 to 1904. The club was run by John and Margaret Delevitti, a heterosexual couple that cared for gays in the city. The club was known as one of the places most welcoming of gays on the West Coast and became popular with drag queens.
At the time, it was not widely allowed for men to dance together, but they were allowed to do so at The Casino because the establishment paid off local policemen. This fact made the establishment popular, via an underground network of information about nightlife for gays and lesbians, and caused it to be known as something of a speakeasy. Prior to the legalization of dancing of same-sex couples, same-sex contact at The Casino was primarily through conversations and stealthy eye contact via the bar's mirrors.