Be the 70's retro guy. | This six-panel trucker cap with a mesh back will be a comfy and classic choice for a perfect day in the sun.
- Structured, mid-profile, six-panel cap
- 60% cotton, 40% polyester*
- Hard buckram front panels
- Mesh back
- Permacurv visor, matching under-visor
- Plastic adjustable closure
- 3.5" crown (8.9 cm)
- Head circumference - 21 5/8" to 23 5/8" (54.9 cm to 60 cm)
- *The percentage can change a little from hat to hat
The Krewe of Yuga was the first gay Carnival krewe in New Orleans, founded in 1958 by members of the gay community. Costumed parties to view the Krewe of Carrollton parade in Uptown were transformed into a krewe with a Queen reigning over the festivities, a ball captain, and sometimes a King. Emulating the format established by traditional Carnival krewes and their courts, such as the Krewe of Proteus and the Mystick Krewe of Comus, the Krewe of Yuga also declared itself a royal krewe with its Yuga Regina. The queen was always a gay man in drag and these celebrations mark a significant point in the history of the city.