The Casino Seattle | Trucker Cap
Be the 70's retro guy. | This six-panel trucker cap with a mesh back will be a comfy and classic choice for a perfect day in the sun.
- Structured, mid-profile, six-panel cap
- 60% cotton, 40% polyester*
- Hard buckram front panels
- Mesh back
- Permacurv visor, matching under-visor
- Plastic adjustable closure
- 3.5" crown (8.9 cm)
- Head circumference - 21 5/8" to 23 5/8" (54.9 cm to 60 cm)
- *The percentage can change a little from hat to hat
The Casino was a venue occupying the space of the former People's Theater, which had been in operation from 1890 to 1904. The club was run by John and Margaret Delevitti, a heterosexual couple that cared for gays in the city. The club was known as one of the places most welcoming of gays on the West Coast and became popular with drag queens.
At the time, it was not widely allowed for men to dance together, but they were allowed to do so at The Casino because the establishment paid off local policemen. This fact made the establishment popular, via an underground network of information about nightlife for gays and lesbians, and caused it to be known as something of a speakeasy. Prior to the legalization of dancing of same-sex couples, same-sex contact at The Casino was primarily through conversations and stealthy eye contact via the bar's mirrors.